Saturday, February 7, 2015

The 7 month journey to here


This is pretty much how I felt when I learned I was pregnant, although I actually went through about $80 in pregnancy tests. After such a long time of not ever conceiving, all of a sudden we were having a baby! Surprise, surprise!

Add in my high blood pressure, asthma, age, and newly discovered hyperthyroidism and it was a wild ride at first, with multiple doctor's appointments. But I have a wonderful team of doctors who all work together very well. I feel so comfortable with them, and really trust them. 

Right now, we are in the midst of getting our house all ready for the little guy. My husband is toiling away day and night, finishing up rooms that need to be finished, while I go through our things and purge what we no longer need. My family is busily planning our shower, and I can't wait to see what they have done!

I have learned things about myself along the way - the main thing being that I really don't mind being pregnant. Who knew? It's actually kind of fun! My husband and I have always been adventurous of spirit, and we love this piece of artwork.



It speaks so truly to how we feel about this process - this baby, our son, will truly be our greatest adventure! 


1 comment:

  1. Parenthood truly is a great adventure! Filled with challenges, successes, joy, pain, love, regret and amazing personal growth (for those that are open to it ;))! What a wonderful adventure he has surprised you with! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete